Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wood River Triathlon 2013



Boy, I don’t even know where to start with this blog, except to say, it was so much fun.  I think I had the most fun I have ever had at the Wood River Tri.  So why was this so much fun as compared to other years, I mean, it was the same course, the same distance, the same time of year, so what made it so much fun. 

After thinking about it, I feel that there are three reasons why this year was so much fun.

1. I am really out of shape and just trying to get my fitness level back, so I had no intentions of chasing down other competitors and needing to get first place.  Well except for beating Terry Eldridge, that is a given goal that I have every year.  So I just went out and had fun.  My swim was mediocre like always, no surprises there. I latched onto Eric during the bike and we just traded places for 6 laps, it was like being on an animal ride. My run was the slowest I have ever done, but I wasn’t dying and I had fun cheering for my fellow teammates while I was running.

2.  This year seemed to have the most Metro Tri Club members ever, and since we all started at the front of the line, the entire race I was either cheering for someone as I passed or being cheer for as they would pass.  All the encouragement makes for a great time.

Metro Tri Club by Tom Atwood
Click to see all WRT photos by Tom Atwood 

3.  My daughter China did her first Sprint Tri this year.  She had done some kids tri’s in the past, but it had been many years since she competed in those.  Watching her as I was getting out of the pool and cheering for her while on the bike and run and then running her last lap with her was really a great experience.  She really had fun too, as you will seen in photos, she is laughing and waving at everyone. Even though near the end of the second run lap she said. “this decision to compete in this tri may have been a bad one” I know she was very proud of herself and glad she did it.

Even though this is probably the shorted post I have ever written, I’m going to stop writing and let the photos speak for themselves.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words. 


Metro Tri Club Family
My Nemesis and his family
Gary Out of Swim
Gary Bike
Gary Run
Jenny out of swim
China out of swim
Speedy Mike
Scott Bike
Jim Bike
Jenny Bike
China Bike
Jenny Run
Russ Bike
That Darn Terry on the run
Doug Run
Jim Run
Chris Run
Scott Run

Russ Run
Mike Run
China finishing
Fit to be Tri'ed members
Doug's Fast Bike
China and Keith
Terry and I and yes he beat me
Robin Bike
Jade, Robin, China relaxing after the race


No comments:

Post a Comment