Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Day on the Trails


On Tuesday the weather was so nice, Mark and I headed out on the mountain bikes for a ride. The snow and ice was still pretty thick in the woods so we decided to ride the paved trails. There were places with no snow, but lots of places with slick ice and snow. Fortunately for me, I stayed on two wheels, but that wasn’t the case for Mark, he took a couple rolls in the snow. We made it back into SIU at dark and decided to take the road the last 5 miles in. This was just about the same time that my helmet light died. I rode behind Mark for the rest of the ride to try and pick up some of his light. We made it home in just under 2 hours. It was a great ride and we were both so happy to be outside, we didn’t care how long it took to finish. I can’t wait for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment